NSS unit of the college works for the development and upliftment of society. It enrolled 300 volunteers every year.
About National Service Scheme (NSS)
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of the Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. It provides an opportunity to the student youth of the 11th & 12th Class of schools at +2 Board level and student youth of Technical Institution, Graduate & Post Graduate at colleges and University level of India to take part in various government led community service activities & programmes. The sole aim of the NSS is to provide hands-on experience to young students in delivering community service. Since the inception of the NSS in the year 1969, the number of students strength increased from 40,000 to over 3.8 million up to the end of March 2018 students in various universities, colleges and institutions of higher learning have volunteered to take part in various community service programmes.
The Motto of NSS “Not Me But You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the student’s development & appreciation to other person’s point of view and also shows consideration towards other living beings. The philosophy of the NSS is a good doctrine in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole, and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
- To understand the community in which they work
- To understand themselves in relation to their community
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- To gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- To practise national integration and social harmony
NSS unit of the college works for the development and upliftment of society and many activities have been done regarding this in the college premises. Some of them are listed below:
- Organized a Free Covid-19 vaccination camp.
- NSS volunteers has participated in “Ajadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” to commemorate the Independence Day and uploaded their videos of National Anthem and got certificates.
- Celebrated the International Yoga Day.
- Organized a Tree Plantation Drive to celebrate “The World Environment Day”.
- Organized poster making competition to celebrate the” Poshan Pakhwada”.
- Organized Essay writing competition to celebrate the “Ajadi ka Amrit Mahotsav”.
- Celebrated Women’s day.
- Organized vigilance awareness activity.
- Organized Fit India Movement and Pulse polio campaign.