Students who have passed B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.E. Examination or any other equivalent examination of any Statutory University with 45% marks are eligible to join this course. The duration of this course is one year. Compartment candidates are not eligible.
Post- Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) – Semester-I
- PC Computing-I (MS-Office 2003)
- PC Computing-II (Professional DTP)
- Fundamentals of Computers and Operating Systems
- Database Management System through Oracle 10g and System Analysis and Design
Post- Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA) – Semester-II
- Network Concepts and Management (Hardware, Software settings in Linux/Unix/NT environment)
- Programming in C
- Intro. to Scripting Language, Web Designing and Uses of Internet
- Optional Papers: 1. Programming in Visual Basic with Active X
N.B.: Papers and combinations are subject to the rules and regulations of GNDU, Amritsar.
This program develops technical and strategic knowledge of software for different IT solutions. A graduate in this course has great opportunities in the corporate world (public as well as private sector).